Now is the time to ensure trainings your organization offer employees truly transfer learning that will result in new actions, behaviours, and outcomes at work in 2023.
Billions of dollars are spent on corporate training each year. Surprisingly much of this training result in little employee behaviour or organizational changes.
Knowing what to expect is a good thing but being equipped with the right training that allows for transfer of learning to address them is the goal of this article.
A December 22, 2022, Gartner Insight presented 9 future of work trends that we should be preparing for in 2023 to address the ongoing impact of the global pandemic.
These 9 trends are not unexpected. They will however demand a high level of savvy and flexibility on the part of leaders, employees, and decision makers at work to come out on top.
The nine trends discussed are:
- “Quiet hiring” offers new ways to snag in-demand talent
- Hybrid flexibility reaches the front lines
- Squeezed by competing leader and employee expectations, managers need support
- Pursuit of non-traditional candidates expands talent pipelines
- Healing pandemic trauma opens path to sustainable performance
- Organizations push DEI forward amid growing push back
- Getting personal with employee support creates new data risks
- Algorithmic bias concerns lead to more transparency in recruiting tech
- Gen Z skills gaps reveal workforce-wide erosion of social skills”
As organizations reach out to non-traditional candidates, they too will need training to compete and excel in the new global competitive workforce.
Transfer of learning to build core skills and development interpersonal skills to equip the workforce of the future is necessary.
More must be done to select high return transfer of learning trainings that will directly address most of the workforce trends in 2023.
I have put together some trainings that we believe are key to preparing employees and leaders for interpersonal and wellness success in the future of work.
Interpersonal and Wellness Skills That Align to Workforce 2023 Trends
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills for new Employees and Gen Z Demographics – including newcomers immigrants to help them fit in with their peers at work and address skill gaps, as well as address the obvious social skill erosion of Gen Z’s. The addition of coaching and mentoring are essential to transfer learning of professional skills.
- DEI Conflict Management Skills - to assess and respond to DEI conflicts are becoming an asset at work. Many leaders are ill prepared to address DEI conflicts and employee push back against DEI efforts. They are ill equipped to assess and appropriately respond to DEI conflicts, and many lack the skills to engage in the critical conversations necessary to further their workplace DEI initiatives in the face of opposition and conflicts. There are thousands of DEI conflicts brewing in workplaces unaddressed, making it critical for DEI Conflict management and coaching to be a top training priority for organizations in 2023.
- Coaching at Work - the ability to use coaching strategies as leaders or peers in a hybrid, remote, and increasingly automated workforce. As mid level leaders and managers burnout from the squeeze at work, coaching at work skills will become essential for them to save time and better equip them to delegate, follow-up and follow through with ease, with support from a coaching program that allows them to reduce the stresses of the past three years. Thus, coaching at work will be a very important training requirement for organizations in 2023.
- Workplace Wellness Tools and Resources - to support healthy living during times of change, reduce burnout, and improve mental health. As employees search for ways to heal pandemic trauma, they will seek new flexibility and supports for emotional and mental health from their employers. The need to be seen and valued as a whole person will result in more demands for wellness tools and resources to improve both their work and life health. Thus, workplace wellness is a key training initiative for organizations in 2023.
We have been working hard to prepare dynamic trainings with a high level of transfer of learning to support our client organizations. If your workplace requires skills and trainings to address DEI Conflicts, Coaching at Work, Interpersonal skills training, or Workplace Wellness, contact us for a free consultation.
To Your Wellness