Are you preparing to return to work after the summer break? I was reminded this morning that teachers are going back to school in parts of the United States and many employees are returning to work after their family vacation.
While most of us want to stay well, we often struggle with the steps to stay well. Here are some tips for your mind and body to help you transition back to the world of work in an amazing way.
In the month of August, we focus on Physical Wellness and Vibrancy. Since our wellness in one dimension affects how we feel in other dimensions, we will look at how other dimensions can support your wellness in the physical dimension also.
In this issue, we will focus on spiritual, social, and occupational wellness tips and competencies to help you return to work with vigor, vibrancy with the right attitudes to make this a year of high professionalism, productivity, and results.
Physical Wellness is important for us to contribute to our work and life, however, work itself can get in the way of us maintaining our physical wellness. I find that to be physically well, we need to stay spiritually and socially well, which benefits us occupationally. Here are some physical wellness tips to help you stay well at work:
Physical Wellness Tips
- Sleep - Go to sleep 30 – 45 minutes earlier
- Increase hydration – Add 1-3 more fluids to you day
- Movement – add more steps to your routine
- Rest – take time to rest and refresh
- Meal Prep – plan your meals for the week
Good Spiritual Wellness will also help build your self-esteem and allow you to plan to maintain balance and self-confidence for a new work year. Here are some spiritual wellness tips to consider:
Spiritual Wellness Tips
- Values - Review your personal values
- Vision – Create a vision of how your days will include well-being
- Beliefs – Check negative beliefs that may be limiting you
- Balance – aim to maintain balance of work and rest
Another area when we need to pay close attention is your social wellness as this too is important in your ability to maintain a high level of occupational wellness. Here are some tips to stay socially well at work this year:
Social Wellness Tips:
- Network – set time for health social interactions at work
- Consideration – look for ways to be more considerate to co-workers
- Family – Set time to be with family during the year
- Hospitality - Attend social events in and outside work
The other area of focus I want to touch on is occupational wellness, it is very important for you to manage your career and how it unfolds. This is too important to ignore. Take the time to review and plan your career goals for this year and how you will attain them. Here are some tips to help you in this area:
Occupational Wellness Tips
- Career – Review your career goals
- Leadership – Set a time to connect with your leader in a positive way
- Performance – Commit to improving your performance this year
- Professionalism – identify one way you can improve your professional image at work
If you or someone in your workplace is looking for ways to prepare for a success work year, join us the six weeks Return to Work Well Challenge happening August 24th to September 26th as we ramp up for the Global Workplace Wellness Summit happening September 28 – 28, 2022.
Register for the free Challenge Here!