In today's fast-paced world, businesses are re-evaluating the way they operate. Enter the hybrid working model, a balance between remote and in-office work. However, this model's success relies heavily on fostering a culture of well-being intelligence, ensuring employees experience wellness at work, regardless of their physical location.
A Shift from Wellness to Well-being at Work
The concept of wellness at work has evolved dramatically over the years. While once limited to physical health, it now encompasses psychological safety, mental and emotional wellness, and the overall sense of well-being intelligence.
Imagine a workplace that promotes psychological safety, where employees feel they can be authentic and share their thoughts without mental and emotional repercussions. Such a setting lays the foundation for the hybrid working model, where physical presence takes a backseat to genuine connection and understanding.
The Role of Well-being Intelligence in the Hybrid Model
It highlights the importance of interdependence in relationships as pivotal to success in the hybrid working model. This competency ensures remote employees don't feel isolated or left out. A sense of belonging, understanding, and reliance upon one another ensures that the physical location becomes secondary to the work's emotional and mental connections.
In the hybrid model, employees should feel they can count on their colleagues for support, whether in the office next door or thousands of miles away. In turn, they should be reliable sources of support for their peers, emphasizing the principle of mutual reliance or interdependence.
Well-being Intelligence in Practice
How can businesses ensure that well-being intelligence is at the core of their hybrid working model? Here are three key steps:
- Promote Psychological Safety - Create a culture where employees feel safe to voice their opinions, concerns, and needs. Encourage open dialogue and ensure that there are no repercussions for genuine feedback.
- Prioritize Mental and Emotional Wellness: Offer programs and resources to support employees' mental health. This could be workshops on stress management, regular check-ins to understand their state of mind or employer-sponsored coaching. It could also encourage employees to use their Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) benefits.
- Promote Interdependence: A culture of interdependence will foster self-confidence, courage, and reduces stress and overwhelm. It will also provide a structure where teams rely on one another, ensuring a balance of give and take.
Tangible Benefits of Well-being Intelligence
Organizations incorporating well-being intelligence into their hybrid working model can expect numerous benefits. They include:
- Enhanced employee productivity as they feel supported and understood.
- Reduced turnover rates, as employees value a workplace prioritizing their mental and emotional wellness.
- Stronger team dynamics, as the emphasis on interdependence fosters trust and cooperation.
In essence, businesses that embrace well-being intelligence are setting themselves up for long-term success in the hybrid working world, which presents an exciting future for businesses worldwide. Yet, its success will depend on prioritizing well-being intelligence skills and competencies to improve relational and performance success.
Interested in harnessing the power of well-being intelligence for your hybrid workforce?
Let's discuss strategies to elevate well-being intelligence to transform your organizational culture.
Take the Interdependence Introductory Course.
To Your Wellness