In this module we examined the differences between coaching and managing, explored some of the challenges that often makes it easier to manage as opposed to coaching. We explored the need to help organizations make the shift from managing to coaching in their quest to develop self-correcting, and self -generating employees who are positively engaged. We also explored the various limitations to employing coaching in the organizations and practiced some innovative and creative opportunities and vehicles for coaching such as “coaching up”, integrity and planning.
1. What was most impactful for you in this module?
2. What new goals did you set for yourself in terms of coaching and managing?
3. How might you further explore the power dynamics involved in coaching up?
4. How can a deep sense of personal integrity aid you as the manager/coach?
5. As you explore the role clarification matrix, what do you consider to be its most vital function in this coaching relationship?